Build a Homemade Periscope
The aim of this simple science fair project is to make a periscope using simple materials
Materials Required for the project:
- Two similar pocket mirrors
- A box or a pipe of 50 centimeters length (The length of the pipe can be increased in proportion with that of mirrors)
- A knife or suitable cutting material
- A pencil or a marker
- Transparent tape
Procedure for the project:
- Cut a hole of 2cm diameter at a height equaling half that of the mirrors from the bottom side of the box.
- Now turn the box so that the hole cut is at the bottom of the opposite side facing you.
- Mark a point at a distance equaling half that of the mirrors from the top of the box and cut a hole of 3cm diameter there.
- Place the mirrors in the box as shown in the figure using the transparent tape.
- Now look through the small hole and you can see the objects ahead.