Science Project on Static Electricity
When two insulated materials like rubber or scale are rubbed together a charge is formed on their surface. This charge is called static electricity. Simply it is the electric charge built up by friction on an insulated material. The following science fair project is to demonstrate the presence of static electricity on an insulated material.
- A clear drinking cup made of plastic
- flat toothpick
- Make the coin to stand up on its edge.
- Now balance the flat toothpick across the top of the coin.
- Take a clear plastic cup and carefully cover the balanced combination.
- Make an inflated balloon to get ‘charged’ by rubbing it against your hair several times.
- (your hair must be clean and free of oil)
- Hold the charged balloon and slowly move it around the plastic cup.